Thursday, June 28, 2012

Is this a Moth Orchid?




There are some things in life that are just too amazing and beautiful for words. 


 I think Mother Nature took her time and put everything she had into creating orchids.  


When I look at this orchid I am mesmerised by its beauty.  It only flowers for me every two years but the wait is so worthwhile. 


The orchid was given to us as a house-warming present five years ago and to tell you the truth I didn't know too much about growing orchids, and still don't.  But I did know that they like dappled shade so I tied the orchid to a lovely old grapefruit tree that we have growing in the garden and I wrapped "Grandad's Beard" all around the roots, and that's it!  No soil, no fertiliser it just blooms.  


I have no idea what this orchid is called and would really love someone to leave a comment to let me know what it is.





No comments:

Post a Comment