Thursday, December 20, 2012

Hydrangeas

I love these flowers sooooo much.  For me, they are the holy grail of gardening,  something that only the gardeners with really green fingers grow.  I remember as a child, growing up in Warwick, my mum had a wonderful display of hydrangeas that took pride of place along the side of the house.  They were very large bushes with huge blue flowers.  I loved them even back then.   In those days everyone had hydrangeas growing in their garden.  Sadly they lost there fascination for many years but now they have regained their popularity.  It is not easy growing them in the tropics.   Our bushes are more than three years old and it's taken all this time to get a nice display.  I think the very dry summer has helped somewhat but I'm not sure.  Anyway, I've been bringing them inside as my cut flower display for a couple of months now and will do so until the wet starts.




No comments:

Post a Comment