Friday, May 3, 2013

Butterflies

I love butterflies.  I chase them with my camera in hand from one end of the garden to the other, tripping over plants, stumbling over rocks and even running into trees.  Anyone watching me would think that I am clean mad, but I am forever in the pursuit of the perfect photograph.  Alas, it elludes me but today's photo wasn't too bad.  I would love to photograph the magnificent Ulysses butterfly but they are speedy, and I mean really speedy.  I think I will have to invest in a super zoom to get the photograph of them that would grace my living room wall.

When our eldest son died suddenly and tragically, we had a small monument made with the inscription:

"Butterflies live moments not months, and have time enough"

and that is another reason I love butterflies.  They remind me of Kurt.




No comments:

Post a Comment