Monday, May 13, 2013

Dinner at Cooktown

We stayed at the Seaview Motel in Cooktown and the manager of the motel recommended that we dine at 1770 restaurant, just a five minute walk away.  We weren't disappointed.  It was one of the freshest seafood meals we had eaten in a long while.  The restaurant has its own boat, anchored right at its doorstep,  that supplies all the seafood.

DH ordered the Salt and Pepper squid for entree and the beer battered barramundi for main.  I ordered Scallops with chorizo and red pepper for entree and grilled Coral Trout with potato and baby spinach salad for my main.  It was a truly memorable meal and I would recommend the restaurant to anyone making the journey to Cooktown.

I gobbled these mouthfuls of deliciousness so fast that I forget to get a photo!  You just have to imagine how they looked.  The scallops were still attached to the shell so I asked how the chef cooked them.  Apparently they are cooked  by passing them through a very hot oven.

Loved the presentation of DH's main meal.  The plate was covered in newspaper and greaseproof!

This coral trout was incredibly fresh and tasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment