Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Mould!

We live in the tropics so when we moved here I should've known that the mould would be a big part of my life.  It has been the bane of my life.  I'm a bit of a clean freak - not over the top - but I like a clean house.  Mould really gets to me.  The trouble is that  in summer we love opening up our house, every door and every window day and night.  At night the moisture really seeps into the house.  (Moist weather plus cool nights equals fog!)
I have some photographs behind our bed that I framed last year and I have noticed the white powdery mould has grown, quite dramatically, behind the glass.



So desperate measures are called.  I took down all five framed prints, took them apart, removed the powdery mould,and re-framed them.  I also took the added precaution of taping the back of them with special framing tape.  


I hope that this will keep the powdery mould at bay for a couple of years (at least!!).  So now the framed photos are back on the wall and even if I do say so myself, they look pretty good!






No comments:

Post a Comment