Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Visiting Mum

My mum lives nearly 2000 km from me so for obvious reasons I don't get to see her often, just a few times a year.  She lives in Toowoomba, the Garden City, and it is a lovely place to reside.  Mum has everything around her that she needs.  Doctors and hospitals, unfortunately, play a big part in her life these days and they are in abundance in Toowoomba.
Toowoomba also has once of the loveliest theatres, I think, in Australia.  It is called the Empire Theatre.  Mum rang to say that Morning Melodies were playing there in June so I decided to pay her a visit and also take in the show.  I wasn't disappointed.  What a great show for the elderly folks.

Waiting for the show to begin - my Aunty was in the same row as us!

Inside the magnificent Empire Theatre

One of the entertainers said that the loveliness of this theatre brought tears to his eyes 

Beautiful harmony by these two ladies who sang Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy from Company B

No words can describe this lovely theatre.
And, sooner than we wish, it's over
It was nice to spend a few days with Mum and her partner and while I was there I set Mum up with an Ipad Mini.  We now play scrabble on-line which is fun and Mum gets to read emails, my blog, jokes and Bold and Beautiful recaps all from the comfort of her bed!
Each evening that I was in Toowoomba we had "happy hour" at 5.00 pm.  John provided nibblies and drinks to go with lively conversation.
On Sunday we had lunch at one of the Chinese Restaurants and prior to lunch John took us for a drive around Toowoomba.  It was such a lovely day.

Driving around Toowoomba

Dashboard ornament.

My stay with Mum went all to quickly and we are looking forward to catching up again in September for my niece's wedding in Brisbane.

No comments:

Post a Comment