Monday, July 8, 2013

Orange Poppy Seed Muffins

I've been cooking up a storm today.  We are heading out to JC next week, me for a photography course and DH for work.  My DIL asked me to bring along a contribution for smoko and these little Orange Poppy Seed Muffins are a favourite in our house.


The recipe is easy.  It is actually a cake recipe. I leave out the Syrup when I made the muffins.

ORANGE AND POPPYSEED SYRUP CAKE

1/3 cup poppy seeds
1/4 cup milk
185g butter
1 cup caster sugar
3 eggs
1 cup plain flour
1.5 cups SR flour
1/2 cup orange juice

SYRUP
1/2 cup caster sugar
2/3 cup Orange Juice
1/3 cup water

Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees and grease and line a 22cm cake tin (I use a springform). 
Combine poppy seeds and milk and set aside for 20 minutes.
Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time while continuing to beat.
Fold in sifted flours, juice and poppy seed mixture and pour into prepared tin.
Bake for 1 hour.  Stand cake for 5 minutes.
SYRUP
Combine ingredients in saucepan and stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.  Bring to the boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes.  Pour hot syrup over hot cake.

To make the muffins just drop the cake mixture into your lined muffin tins and bake until nice and golden - about 15 minutes.







No comments:

Post a Comment