Friday, November 8, 2013

A good cup of tea!

I love a good cup of tea.  Black…..not too strong……no sugar…….sometimes with a slice of lemon.  It is most certainly best when made in a well seasoned teapot, and remembering to turn the pot three times in a clock-wise direction and once anti-clockwise.  That is something my dad taught me.  However it is not always economical to make a pot of tea when it's just tea for one.  My mum came up with the solution for me when she sent me a single cup tea infuser.  I now use it all the time.



I have given up tea-bags. I disliked seeing that white "froth" on top of my tea that I suspect is residue from the bleach that they use to make the tea bag white.  Whatever it is, it can't be good.
I have also taken to bringing out the "good" tea set.  Why should it sit in the display cabinet collecting dust.  And I have to tell you that a cup of tea somehow tastes so much nicer from a good china cup.  To accompany the tea, one must always have a sweet.  The one I am having today is sugar-free, gluten-free and soooo delicious.  HERE is the recipe.





No comments:

Post a Comment