Saturday, September 20, 2014

A beautiful spot for lunch.

My son and daughter-in-law are, at the moment, holidaying at Ellis Beach, just north of Cairns. It is a beautiful spot and one of the most picturesque beaches between Cairns and Port Douglas.  Every time we are driving home from a trip to Cairns we comment on just how truly lovely it is.  Hubby reckons it reminds him of the Caribbean and I agree.  White sandy beaches fringed by palm trees with rainforest as a back-drop.
Marco rang to invite me to a bar-b-que lunch at the unit they were staying in and I readily agreed.   I've always wondered what the units were like and was not disappointed.  The units are right on the beach....well a couple of steps away.....and the view over the Coral Sea is just magnificent.  It was also the perfect Queensland spring day.  Balmy weather with hardly any humidity and sunshine aplenty.
We sat down to a delicious meal of grilled lamb chops, haloumi and Suzie's famous tossed salad all washed down with a Vodka and fresh orange juice.....aaahhhh!  I of course could not indulge in any more than one alcoholic drink as I was driving so I was then treated to a freshly juiced drink consisting of watermelon, pineapple, berries, apple and orange,  I think it was the best fruit juice I have ever had and that is a big call!
Here are some photos that I took.

A curlew sunning him/herself right outside the unit

View of Ellis Beach looking South

And looking north

The holiday units are right on the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment