Friday, October 24, 2014

A 60th Birthday

The same day as Madeleine's christening we were also invited to a 60th birthday party for a Julatten friend.  There was a bit of a mix up with times as we thought we should have been there between 5 - 6 pm but when we arrived everybody was well and truly settled in as the party started at 3 pm!
We had a lovely time chatting to all the guests.  Most of these friends were from my Julatten Yoga group.  They are a great bunch of ladies who invited Philip and I into there social group without any hesitation when we first moved here.  Some of my western friends ask if it was hard to start new friendships when we moved here but I have to honestly say it wasn't.  You just have to make the initial move and people are always curious as to who you are and where you're from.  I did find it hard going to my first yoga class where I didn't know a single soul but lucky for me there was one lady who came straight up to me and introduced me to the other ladies.
We have so many different groups of friends.  Apart from the Julatten Yoga group I have my photography group at Mossman and Philip has his cycling buddies at Port Douglas.  We are also lucky enough to have a few of Philips old school buddies living in the area so that is another group of friends.  I don't think any of these groups of people cross but it certainly gives call for lots of social activities!

Happy Birthday Di!

No comments:

Post a Comment