Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas 2015

So Christmas has now come and gone and as somebody posted on Facebook today....


We had a wonderful christmas at Toowoomba this year with Mum and John.  Even though Mum has not been well these past few months she managed to put together a fantastic christmas for all the family.  We loved her Apricot Balls, Chocolate/Macadamia Balls and best of all the PLUM PUDDING!  John always does christmas breakfast and this year we had poached eggs, ham and then to finish we have Johns Special Fruit Salad!  John cuts all the fruit the old-fashioned way into small pieces....the way I love but never have the patience to do!
My two sisters and their families managed to travel to Toowoomba at various times over the Christmas break.  On Christmas Day the Albert family joined us for lunch at the Federal.  It certainly is a mighty feast and I defy anyone to say that they did not enjoy it.  We had seafood (Oysters, Prawns, Calamari and LOBSTER) and then all the hot dishes including Turkey, Ham and Pork and a variety of vegetables.  I must admit that I filled up on the seafood and main and did not get to the dessert table but everyone else said it was a huge variety. After lunch we all went back to Mum's place for Secret Santa and then afternoon tea. We all said our goodbyes late in the afternoon.
On boxing day we had the Coy Family arrive.  I haven't seen my darling little great-neice since she was just a few months old and now she is THREE!  Oh my!  She is just so adorable.  A little shy at first but she soon warmed to us.  Philip and I put together a couple of salads for lunch and finished with my sisters special trifle with mum's plum pudding, custard and ice-cream.  Once again I experienced that wonderful (not!) feeling of not being able to move after a meal!
We all sat around and watched Isabella (Bella) open her christmas presents and is there anything more wonderful than the look on a child's face as they open presents.  If you could can it, it would be worth a mint!
It really was a lovely Christmas break for us.  It was great to catch up on each others news but as always the time seems to just fly out the door.  I look forward to catching up with family maybe a little more often in 2015.  I understand that there is going to be direct flights from Cairns to Toowoomba shortly so that will be welcome.
I hope that anyone who reads this post also had a wonderful christmas with friends and family and that we can all look forward to christmas in just 363 days!














1 comment:

  1. Lovely to see all your family together Judi .. even though it was like a tag team operation, and despite being ill, Merle looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete