Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Happy Australia Day!

Today we were invited to an Aussie Pie Day to celebrate Australia Day.  What a great idea!  Everyone took along a favourite pie and our host cooked up mashed potato and mushy peas to go with the pies.  The perfect accompaniment.
We had everything from Tandoori Pie, to Chicken Pie to traditional meat pies and they were all very tasty.  

Not the greatest map of Australia but you get the idea....

Can you see the map of Australia?  Very clever

Five varieties and pies and mashed potato and mushy peas.  What a spread!


As usual we ate too much and as I write this blog I'm thinking that there will be no dinner tonight as my belly is still full.



Our hosts took turns in entertaining their gorgeous little granddaughter while the rest of us continued to eat and eat and eat!

Cute hats!


I forgot to get photos of dessert but I can assure you the trifle and cheesecakes were also delicious.  It was a lovely way to spend Australia Day and I hope that we continue with the pie idea and make it our Australia Day tradition.






No comments:

Post a Comment