Monday, January 4, 2016

Spaghetti Bolognese with a difference

Spaghetti Bolognese would have to be one of my favourite meals.  It is such a comforting meal and by comforting I mean filling.  I usually leave the table with my tummy bulging from all that pasta and suffer for it many hours after.  I love pasta but it does not love me.
But then I came across a recipe that substituted zucchini "noodles" for pasta.  It sounded interesting so I found a zucchini spiralizer (is that even a word?) at the knifeman shop in Cairns and decided to give the zucchini noodles a try.
I spiralized four zucchini and I tossed them very quickly in some lemon infused olive oil.  If you cook the zucchini too long it starts to lose water and turns to mush.  Not nice.  I already had a bolognese sauce in the freezer that took no time to thaw in a pot on the stovetop so together with the zucchini noodles and a good handful of parmesan cheese I had lunch ready today in under ten minutes.......  Jamie Oliver eat your heart out.  And the big bonus is that I don't have a bulging belly and the knowledge that the meal was very healthy. Win!



No comments:

Post a Comment