Sunday, January 15, 2017

A little this and a bit more of that....

We have been following the 5:2 diet for quite awhile now and I'm always on the lookout for tasty low calorie recipes on our fasting days.  I came across this one last week....Sweet Potato Chilli.


I am definitely one for using "in season" fruit and vegetables and in my garden this week I have an abundance of sweet potato and chilli.  This recipe was easy and very filling which is just the thing for fasting days.  It comes in at 212 calories so still plenty of room to fit in either a good size breakfast or dinner.
Speaking of the 5:2 diet, our GP told us in conversation that he is also a follower of this way of eating.  We adore our GP who we have been with for ten years.  He is a Buddhist and is just the most gentle person I know.  When you talk to him he gives you his absolute attention and makes you feel like you are the only person in his world.  Such a treasure.
Something else that I have an abundance of at the moment is pineapples.  They are just so sweet and delicious and I love eating them but you can really only eat so many, so I have been looking for recipes that use pineapple.  A winner has been Pineapple Relish.....who would have thought.  It is very delicious with fish, chicken and pork.


I have also been doing quite a bit of reading lately but this book I have read twice, and now Philip is reading it.  Do yourself a favour and go and purchase this No. 1 Best Seller.  It will be the best investment you have ever made.


We have already implemented a few strategies and are just about to make a huge change to our SMSF  so I will keep you informed.  But buy the book.....just buy it!
The rain has continued to fall and we have measured 330ml for January or just over 13 inches on the old scale. It has been wonderful but I really hope that the system moves further south so that son and daughter-in-law could also benefit.






No comments:

Post a Comment