Wednesday, January 18, 2017

It's all about the food..

We had a lunch date with our friends at 2 Fish Restaurant in Port Douglas on Monday.  We haven't been to this restaurant for awhile and what a lovely surprise it was!  We all chose the $40 three course set meal and everyone of us enjoyed our choices.  I chose the Prawn Bruschetta for starters


followed by the Crab and Pipi Linguini.


Philip chose the crumbed Squid and Kate chose the battered Mackerel for their mains



For Dessert three of us chose the Pannacotta with Tropical Fruits while Philip decided on the Sorbet Trio


The meals were absolutely fantastic and the restaurant has recently won the award for "Australian Contemporary Seafood Cuisine in the Tropics" and it was well deserved.  If you are in Port Douglas it is worth a reservation.
I have still been trying to think of ways to use pineapples and passionfruit.  We have been collecting about a dozen passionfruit a day.  Today I made Pineapple and Passionfruit Jam.  It is a bit sweet for my taste but that is mainly because the fruit is so sweet.  


As anyone who reads my blog already knows, we have our main meal for lunch and we have a light snack for dinner.  Todays lunch was another recipe from Jamie Olivers Super Food Family Classics cookbook.   I must admit that I changed quite a few ingredients.  I didn't have asparagus or spring onions so I used sugar snap peas and beans and I also used the breast from a cooked chook that I had bought yesterday rather than the fresh that Jamie used. I marinated the cooked chook exactly the way that Jamie suggested and you wouldn't have known the difference.  I also used wholemeal spaghetti that is much healthier and it is very delicious. Oh, this dish is also dairy free.Anyway the recipe is called Spaghetti Rosso Golden chicken & Charred Green Veg and it is page 176 in the cookbook. If you don't own it you should because it is jam packed full of recipes that are not only delicious but also very low calorie. 


To finish off this post I just want to show you a photo of the lovely Bat Flower.  I am so blessed to have a garden that gives me these lovely surprises.


Oh, and the Agapanthas are really doing their thing and also looking there best.









No comments:

Post a Comment