Saturday, February 11, 2017

Picking up an old hobby

For many years I was a scrapbooker.  Actually I started scrapbooking soon after we lost our eldest son.  Although I could never bring myself to do a full album of photos of our son, I put together lots of albums of family photos.  I found that when I was scrapbooking I could retreat into my own world, and not have to think about anything.  It was very therapeutic.  But over the last couple of years and many dozens of albums later I gave up the hobby.  It dawned on me that even though I enjoyed the scrapbooking, I had no idea how I was going to store all these albums when we eventually moved into a smaller dwelling.  Plus, who really wants to look at albums that are essentially, now,  about the holidays we have taken and the places we have visited.  I certainly couldn't see my youngest son wanting them :-)
However last month when I was reading my friend Tania's blog, she showed us the Heidi Swapp Travel Journal. You can read about it here.  I was intrigued.  It was a very easy way of scrapbooking and right up my alley because it allowed me plenty of room to journal. I also love the fact that it is A5 and also has room for one photo although you could certainly add more if you wished.
My subject was our recent Christmas/New year holiday and I certainly had plenty to write about.  We saw and did so many interesting things.  It has been wonderful to sit in my lovely scrapbooking room and once again engross myself in the craft.  I now only have two more pages to complete and I'm dragging my heels because I don't want to finish something I have enjoyed so much.  I have just ordered a Heidi Swapp 2017 planner and I'm going to see how that goes but it looks like I'm back into the scrapbooking again and, damn it, I will just have to find more storage space for my albums!






1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing Judi! I bought your recommended reading material 'The Barefoot Investor' (but haven't found the time to read it yet) and NOW I'm going to have to check this one out! Thanks for sharing ... again lol.

    ReplyDelete